Sunday, August 8, 2010

Meal Planner Sunday

This is the dinners I have planned out for the next week. You can click on each one to get the ingredients, change the amount (so if you have 10 people and it only is planned to make it for 5, you can change the servings to 10 and not have to worry if you are using the right amounts). I would recommend printing these in a 3x5 or 4x6 format and keeping them in a small binder. You can put a page at the front and right the name and put a page number, so you can easily find it next time.

When I plan my meals for the week, I start by looking in my pantry and fridge and what we have and what needs to be used. Then I go through my recipe book, or look online and find what not only sounds good, but what we have ingredients for and whats on sale. You can usually get meat (esp, hamburger) marked down on "managers special" when its close to expiring so go early in the morning or later at night and see what they have.  If you don't see anything, ask them when they put their marked down meats out so you can plan for next time.

I don't plan my meals out by day, I just make a list of 7-9 meals (you may want to plan more, but we eat left overs on some nights, so if you have a bigger family, you will want to plan all 14) then I choose one thing off of the list each night until they are all "used" and then we plan out the next section. This makes it nice, so if you have a bbq with friends come up for your end up going out of town, you can usually roll the ingredients into the next weeks menu. Make sure you make all the meals that use ingredients that will spoil first, so you don't waste food.  If you have any questions let me know. Here is my list for this week:

(click on each name for the recipe)

Beef and Bean Chimichangas
Beef Taco Bake
Navajo Tacos
Chicken Enchiladas
Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Chicken and Dumplings
Lasagna
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Chicken Stroganoff
Fajitas

We will have left overs on most of these meals, which I send with my husband to work for his lunch (bless him that he doesn't mind eating the same thing two days in a row). So you can always use that option as well. If you want to see if anything is on sale for any of these recipes then go HERE to GROCERY SMARTS and in the drop down menu, click "select all". Then you hit CTRL + F to open the find bar, and you can type in what you are looking for (ex. tortillas).

No comments:

Post a Comment

CityDeals - Discounts Savings and Gift Cards